South Korea is popular because of K-pop and K-drama, which drew international people’s attention. K-pop groups like BTS, Starykidz, New Jeans and Blackpink are very well known for breaking the music industry. Kdrama movies like Squidgame Exo team are getting millions of views on social platforms.
WHAT IS A KOREABOO?
Well, a KOREABOO is someone who is obsessed with Korean people and their culture. A Koreaboo is a person who defines themselves as a Korean even though they aren’t from Korea.
HOW DID THIS ALL START?
It all started when international people started to like K-pop and drama. They grew into knowing the place, the people and the language. They start to believe or identify themselves as “they don’t feel like they are from their certain countries/cultures and believe they feel more homely to Korean culture and their country. The locals from Korea started the term” KOREABOO” as people who wanted to “be Korean/act more Korean”.
HERE ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A KOREABOO
1. Using chopsticks on everything.
2. Using a yellow face effect.
3. Using words like “Oppa/Unnie” and mixing them in their native language
4. Comparing the smallest details of how Korean culture is similar to your culture.
5. Wanting a Korean girlfriend/boyfriend
6. Trying to act more Korean
8. Moving to Korea (this is a beige flag)
SO ARE YOU A KOREABOO OR OBSESSED WITH ANY OTHER CULTURE? IF YES WHY? AND WHAT IS YOUR MESSAGE TO PEOPLE NOT WANTING THEIR OWN CULTURE AND CHANGING TO OTHER CULTURES.