If you are reading this, then you probably suspect that your partner may be cheating on you but do not yet have concrete proof to back up your suspicions. When the truth about an affair comes out, it is simple to see that the warning signs were there all along—you just did not notice them. This blog could help you pick up signs that your partner could be cheating!
Subtle signs of cheating to watch out for:
1. Phone habits change: This can include a variety of things, such as resetting their password or always having their phone with them instead of leaving it out. “Anytime someone starts to ‘hide’ things, it is cause for questioning,” says certified clinical psychologist John Mayer, Ph.D., author of Family Fit: Find Your Balance in Life.
2. They are suddenly more concerned with their appearance: “The reasons and timing must make sense,” Coleman says. If your partner is suddenly wearing cologne or spending a lot of money on new clothes, and it was never their thing in the past, it’s “not unreasonable to inquire why,” Coleman says. If their answer does not make sense, it should raise a red flag.
3. They are around less than usual: Cheats have to make time for their flings and that comes from the time they used to spend with you. If your partner is not around as usual and always comes up with senseless excuses then it is a cause for concern. “Also, if the affair has gone on for a while, there may be demands placed upon them by their paramour to spend more time together,” Coleman adds.
4. They do not talk about their days any longer: People usually tell their partners intimate things about their day. When they cheat, though, their focus shifts to the new affair. As a result, they will end up saying less to you.
5. Trust your intuition: Although intuition is not proof that your partner is doing something improper, you have a feeling something is not quite right. Often, you have noticed some of the other signals unconsciously in similar situations.
6. They accuse YOU of cheating: Cheats have a strange but widespread tendency of doing this, and there are a few reasons behind it. It puts you on the defensive and shifts the attention away from them by making your alleged behaviour the issue. It can also make you less willing to speak out if something seems strange since you do not want to hurt them, especially if they are already “worried” that you are cheating. That is when they get to cheat freely!
7. They are always on social media: This is especially noticeable when they like posts from folks you have never heard of. Ask your partner who @Sexyback is and how he knows her. Talk to your partner about the people you both interact with.
8. You are getting more gifts than usual: Of course, loving lovers give gifts. Cheaters, on the other hand, take this to the next level in order to hide their tracks. This may be a way of assuring you that they love you and are devoted to the relationship. So that you may reject any sign of cheating that your partner shows as something ‘they would never do’, says Mayer.
Now, just because your partner exhibits one or two of the signs above does not necessarily mean they are definitely cheating and you should start confronting them. None of this is definitive or conclusive. However, if three or more signs ring true for you then that is a red flag and you should start asking questions as in yesterday!
Learn how to spot fake friends here
Tell us: Tell us: Do you know of any other signs that point to your partner cheating?