Zikhona Gwadiso (NAC mentee)
My highlights during the program:
– Researching: People’s experiences from dating
– Writing the story made me feel like I was in the actual scenes. I do not relate to Andisiwe but I felt like I was her.
– Working with Dorothy, she is very sarcastic
– Get yourself a journal, write your thought, your experiences everything you go through in life, write it down and read as much as you can.
– I did not really work with the mentor I was appointed to. Dorothy was more like my mentor. I love working with her, it reminded me of the times she used to assess my essays in high school. Every moment felt like I was in high school she was apologetic about criticising my writing, I enjoyed it most. Her critical opinion kind of brought “light” to my writing.