FunDza and Metropolitan bring you the “Moving Up with the Majolas” course. This not only introduces you to the ups and downs of the Majola family, but it also gives you interesting and practical information on financial matters too.
Ever wanted to find out how to budget, how to save or how to make good financial choices? Well, now is your chance!
Up for grabs is a smartphone for the entrant who receives the highest aggregate quiz mark for the completed course. The next top 10 performers, according to aggregate quiz marks, which each receive a literacy pack from FunDza (see terms and conditions below).
In addition, all those who complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion, and those whose average quiz score is above 70% will receive a Certificate of Completion and Excellence.
The course is available until midnight on 30 June 2020.
Sign up for the course HERE! Get reading and learning now!
PLEASE NOTE: This course is a repeat of the Moving Up with the Majolas Course Competition hosted by FunDza in October/November 2019. Any person who participated previously will not be able to re-do this course.
NB: To read on FunDza #datafree (on Cell C, MTN, Vodacom and Telkom), download the MOYA Messenger app (from Google Play), register, and go to “DISCOVER” and “READ BOOKS” to find FunDza. Sign up for the “Moving Up with the Majolas” course by following the Courses option on the menu. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of this prize is Momentum Metropolitan Foundation (NPC), registration number 2009/004751/08 (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is offering entrants the opportunity to win a FunDza literacy pack, and one smartphone.
3. Entrants must be South African residents, aged 13 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or its affiliated companies or, their families.
4. By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
5. The promotion is open to entries from 09 April 2020 until 23.59 on 30 June 2020.
6. Only one entry is allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of someone else will not be considered and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be considered.
7. The winner of the smartphone and the literacy packs will be determined by the aggregate quiz mark. The entrant with the highest aggregate quiz mark for a completed course will win the smartphone. The ten entrants with the next highest aggregate quiz marks will each be awarded literacy packs.
8. To be eligible for any prize, entrants must complete the course in full. This means reading each chapter and information section, answering every survey and every quiz before the closing date.
9. Participants of the Moving Up with the Majolas course competition in October/November 2019 are ineligible from participating in this current course competition.
10. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other liquid instrument.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of similar value.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
13. Each winner will be notified within 10 working days of the promotion ending on 30 June 2020, by direct message via email or SMS or telephone calls. If a winner fails to respond within 2 working days of this notification after notification, a new winner will be selected according to the pre-defined criteria. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to use and feature the names of the prize winners for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
15. Winners will be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
16. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion.
18. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this prize draw.
19. Except for the purpose of carrying out the promotion, contacting entrants or sending out prizes, the Promoter will not use entrants’ personal data without the express consent of the entrant.
20. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of South Africa and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of South Africa, including the seeking of all injunctive or ancillary relief actions.
Thank you to Metropolitan for their sponsorship of this special financial literacy project.
Disclaimer: The calculations and case studies in this publication are produced for illustration, informational and educational purposes only. The calculations should not be considered as financial or legal advice. Neither the FunDza Literacy Trust nor Momentum Metropolitan Foundation (NPC), nor any of its affiliated entities, guarantee the accuracy of the calculations or case studies. Neither the FunDza Literacy Trust nor Momentum Metropolitan Foundation (NPC), or any of its affiliated entities, accept any responsibility for any losses or damages resulting from reliance upon the calculations or applying the case studies. It is advisable to always seek professional advice from a reputable financial advisor when dealing with financial matters.