Thanks to all for entering! The poetry competition is now closed and we’ll be announcing the winner soon.
Calling all you poets! Write a four-line poem, in which each line starts with the words:
I remember …
Here’s an example:
- I remember… hiding under the bed in a thunderstorm.
I remember… my first pair of shoes – they were red and shiny.
I remember… running away after I spilt sugar on the kitchen floor.
I remember… the smell of granny’s buttercookies at Christmas.
Post your entry into the comment box below. The competition closes on 31 August 2011.
Up for grabs in our first major competition: R200 airtime.
1. All work must be original.
2. Entrants must be 13 years and older.
3. Multiple entries are accepted.
4. The judges’ decision is final.