Our neighbour, Gogo, is very old and has a heart problem. No one is allowed near her these days. The coronavirus is very dangerous for older people. We don’t want to make her sick.
After work, Mama goes to check on Gogo and brings her fresh fruits. Mama leaves the fruits at the door because she can’t go into the house.
Every morning, Zinhle goes to collect water from the nearby taps. Some people are wearing masks, some are not. Zinhle made a mask using her doek. She washes her hands at home. Mama puts hand sanitizer on our hands.
Every night, Mama reminds us:
“Wear a fresh mask every day. Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds when you arrive anywhere. Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze.”
“Yes, Mama!” we say.
1. Wash your hands with water.
2. Use soap to wash your hands.
3. Wash for 20 seconds or slowly count from 1 to 20.
4. Rinse your hands with water.
5. Dry your hands with clean towel or tissue.
6. Now your hands are clean!