Cooking at the end of a long day at school or work is no fun, so I make this easy and quick-to-make spaghetti bolognese more than any other recipe. Not only do I absolutely love its hearty, rich, meaty sauce bursting with flavour but it is SO effortless and it takes almost no time to make.
Here is what you will need:
A large pan to make the bolognese sauce, a pot to cook the spaghetti, a wooden spoon to stir, a chopping board and knife, and a stove-top to cook it on.
Preparation and cooking time:
10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook
5ml oil for frying
1 onion – chopped
½ cup mixed peppers
½ cup grated carrot
1 cup mushrooms – sliced
1 beef stock
Steak and chops Spice
700g beef lean mince
1 can chopped tomatoes
3 tablespoons tomato purée
450g uncooked spaghetti
Cheese of your choice – grated (optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan
2. Fry the onion and peppers for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Add the grated carrot and mushrooms and stir.
4. Add the beef stock and spice.
5. Add the mince to the pan and fry till brown.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato purée.
7. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, then drain.
9. Stir the mince into the spaghetti.
10. Add the cheese of your choice of on top (optional).
Now it’s time to eat! Enjoy!
Tell us: Will you be trying this recipe? What’s your favourite quick-and-easy meal?