When school holidays come around, the last thing kids want is to be eating what they would find in their daily lunch box. Here is a fun, quick and easy 3 Ingredient Butter Biscuit recipe that will make their time off feel extra special and extra delicious! You’ll just need 30 minutes and then you can enjoy these with a hot cup of tea.
3 Ingredient butter biscuits
This recipe makes 15 yummy biscuits. So let’s get started and have some fun as we go along.
Before you start, make sure you have: a mixing bowl, a mixing spoon, an oven and a baking tray. Also make sure you have these three simple ingredients. Let’s begin!
Ingredients (for 15 biscuits) :
1 cup butter or margarine, softened (take it out of the fridge at least an hour before you bake)
1/2 cup powdered sugar (castor or icing sugar)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Prepare your baking tray by coating the surface with butter/margarine/oil.
3. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until it looks creamy.
4. Slowly add in the flour and continue to mix until mixture forms a soft dough. (It will be crumbly at first, but keep mixing and it will form a dough).
5. Lightly coat your hands with butter then taking a spoon of the dough, roll this between your palms into a ball.
6. Repeat until the dough is finished – you should have around 15 balls.
7. Sprinkle either flour or powdered sugar onto a hard surface.
8. Put each dough ball onto the surface and flatten it with the palm of your hand. (Remember to dust your hand with flour first.) The flattened shapes should be around 3-5cm tall.
9. Place the discs of dough on the baking tray that you’ve already buttered/oiled.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the biscuits are pale golden brown.
11. Allow to cool.
Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee!
You can use either flour or powdered sugar to roll out your cookies, but I prefer powdered sugar as this keeps the biscuits from becoming too dense/floury.
Remember to keep your surface well-dusted with flour/powdered sugar or else they could stick to it.
Store baked cookies in a re-sealable container or plastic bag at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Tell us: If you try this recipe please let us know how the biscuits tasted!