So you’ve bought a new pair of sneakers and they are all you have ever looked for in a shoe: trendy, comfortable – plus they go with most of your outfits. But you are on the go from morning til night, so you don’t have time to be washing your sneakers and waiting for them to dry to keep them looking as good as new!
No need to worry! We have some helpful tips to keep your sneakers in tip-top condition without breaking your budget or wasting water.
What you will need:
• Your dirty sneakers
• White toothpaste * Use only white toothpaste as any other colour toothpaste will ruin the surface of your sneaker
• A glass of water
• A clean cloth/tooth brush
What to do:
• Hit your sneakers against each other to get rid of the dirt on the soles.
• Dampen part of your cloth with water.
• Squeeze out a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on to the damp cloth.
• Now rub the toothpaste solution onto the dirty portion of your sneakers – rub up and down, and round and round firmly until the area is properly covered.
• Leave your sneakers to dry for approximately 10 minutes.
• Dip the clean part of your cloth in water and wipe your sneakers clean.
• Now your sneakers are clean you are ready to step out in comfort and style.
You can also use a toothbrush instead of a cloth to apply the toothpaste solution.
Tell us: Do you know other good ways to clean stains or dirt off clothing or shoes?