Are you an aspiring writer? If so, you can get published on FunDza in the Fanz section, read more below:
- We publish: poetry, essays and short stories.
- Importantly, we cannot publish stories that are longer than 10,000 words.
- Remember you can ONLY submit your OWN ORIGINAL work.
- Writing that is not your own will be removed from FunDza.mobi
- We edit all the work and will reject submissions if they are too long or if they are not sufficiently well written.
Remember to check your spelling, grammar and paragraphing before sending it to us – the cleaner your text, the faster we can edit it!
We reserve the right to not publish work if it is:
- Carries violent language
- Deemed to be of poor quality
You can send your work by:
1. CLICK HERE to submit it online (NB: This will take you OFF the fundza.mobi portal)
2. email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. fax to: 086 619 7713
When sending us your work please also include the following information:
1. Your full name
2. Your contact details: email address and cellphone number
3. Whether you have had work published on fundza.mobi previously
4. Whether you have an author profile page on fundza.mobi – if you do, please send us the link or the name that your work appears under (this will help us to make sure that your work is correctly linked)
5. What language your story is written in (specifically if it is not in English).
If you don’t yet have an author profile page but would like one, then send us your biography. This should include: your age and gender, what you’re doing with your life at the moment, and tell the readers more about you. And, if you’d like to have it published, send us clear a picture too!
If you have a question about submitting your work, please email it to: email@example.com. or send an inbox of your QUESTION to Fundza Literacy Trust on Facebook.
Want to find out more about getting published? Try out these links:
I sent you my work but you haven’t got back to me. Why?
Do I get paid if I submit my poem/essay/story?
Will people read my work?
Will you give me feedback on my work?
What are the rules about sending in writing work?
If I send you work and then ask you to remove it, will you?
I want to write… but not in English. Will it be published?