To celebrate Youth Month, FunDza is hosting a #YouthPower course competition. Up for grabs: Five winners will each receive R1,000 in cash and a goodie-bag of treats from FunDza!
Register for the #YouthPower online course, complete the FOUR readings and the linked quizzes, and then answer the final survey. Once you have completed the survey your entry will have been submitted. Click here to register for the course. (Remember: you must be logged in as a FunDza user first, if you’ve never logged in you’ll need to register. Login here now or, if you need help with the log in process, click here.)
* Only those entrants who complete all FOUR readings, all FOUR quizzes and the survey, AND who score an average of 70% or more for the full course will be considered valid entries for the competition. The five winners will be randomly selected by a computer programme.
* Entrants must be over the age of 13 years, and must live on the African continent.
* Entrants must fully complete the course before the closing date: midnight on 30 June 2019.
Read the Terms and Conditions below and then click through the online course to start the process of entering.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is only open to individuals over the age of 13 years who live on the African continent.
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
- For an entry to be valid, individuals must fully complete the online reading course called #YouthPower – this includes all FOUR readings and the FOUR quizzes – as well as the final survey. Only entrants who score an average of 70% or more for the full course will be entered into the random draw.
- Only those who complete the course before midnight on 30 June 2019 will be considered for the random draw.
- FunDza will enter all valid entries into a random draw. Five winners will be selected by a computer programme.
- Each of the five winners will receive R1,000 in cash (or, if the winner lives in another African country, then he/she will receive the equivalent amount in their local currency). Those living in South Africa will receive a FunDza goodie-bag, consisting of a FunDza t-shirt and a small selection of books from FunDza. These will be couriered to the winners.
- The five winners will be notified after 7 July 2019.
- Winners will be notified by telephone, SMS or email. If a winner does not respond within a 24 hour period, they will forfeit their prize, and FunDza will select a new winner.
- Winners may be announced on the FunDza mobi site, FreeBasics app, Android app, Facebook page, Twitter or any other ‘FunDza’ space.
- Competition entrants agree that if they are selected as a winner, they will supply FunDza with a recent photograph and other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes. Winners, who do not do so, will forfeit their prize.
- Employees of FunDza – or members of their families – are disqualified from entering the competition.
- FunDza will not be held liable for any technical failure that may cause your entry not to be submitted.
- By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
- These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) by us on a written revision to these rules posted on this competition page.
- South African laws govern this competition.
- Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza must collect and use personal information about them.
- The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza, because of this.
- The judges decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Queries regarding the competition can be directed to email@example.com.
- By participating in this competition, the entrant agrees to these terms and conditions.