Read big… to stand a chance to win BIG!
This month we’re celebrating our BIG readers… each Tuesday in September FIVE of our BIG readers will win airtime vouchers for reading stories, blogs, articles, essays, plays, poems and more on fundza.mobi! And, at the end of the month, THREE of our biggest readers will receive R1000 CASH PRIZES!
REMEMBER! To participate, you must be a logged-in FunDza reader. And, your profile information must be up to date or we won’t be able to get in touch with you!
The prize winners will be selected from the list of the daily top 50 readers on live.fundza.mobi. (Top readers are those who have read for the longest time and who have read the most pages.) The prize winners will be selected by random draw. No winner will be able to earn spot prizes twice but all those who are listed as a daily top 50 readers during the month will be entered into the monthly draw.
NB: The winners of the first two rounds have been announced. See who they are HERE!
Terms and Conditions of the Fantastic FunDza Fanz Giveaway Competition
1. The promoter of the competition is the FunDza Literacy Trust.
2. The name of the competition is “Fantastic FunDza Fanz Giveaways”.
3. The competition is open to individuals older than the age of 13 years who live within South Africa’s borders.
4. If you are under 18 you need to have your guardian’s permission to enter this competition. FunDza reserves the right to request proof of the consent, but you do not need to send this permission in.
5. To qualify, readers must log in on the fundza.mobi site to do their reading, and their profile/contact information must be valid.
6. The competition is open from 1 September 2020 to midnight on 30 September 2020.
7. The amount of reading of logged in fundza.mobi users is tracked by a computer programme and it will determine the 50 users who qualify on a daily basis for the draw.
8. The prize draw will take the following format:
a. The weekly draws take place each Tuesday in the month (8, 15, 22 and 29 September).
b. To qualify for the weekly draw, readers must be one of the top 50 daily readers in the preceding week (i.e. week 1 = Tuesday 1 Sep to Monday 7 September; week 2 = Tuesday 8 September to Monday 14 September; week 3 = Tuesday 15 September to Monday 21 September; week 4 = Tuesday 22 September to Monday 28 September).
c. The final monthly draw takes place on 1 October.
d. To qualify for the monthly draw, readers must be one of the top 50 daily readers during the preceding month (i.e. the period 1 September to 30 September).
9. For each of the weekly draws, FIVE winners will be selected by random computer programme and each winner will receive R200 airtime.
10. For the monthly draw, THREE winners will be selected by random computer programme, and each winner will receive a R1000 cash prize and a goodie bag of FunDza treats.
11. Winners of the weekly spot prizes may not win a weekly prize twice. But they will be considered valid entries for the monthly prize.
12. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
13. Winners will be contacted through the information that they provide on their fundza.mobi profile (i.e. their cellphone number and/or email address). If winners do not respond within a 24-hour period, they will forfeit their prize, and FunDza reserves the right to present this to another entrant.
14. Competition winners will be asked to provide FunDza with a recent photograph or other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes. Winners may ask us, in writing, to remove their name or refuse to take part in any publicity.
15. FunDza’s agents, directors or employees – or members of their families – are disqualified from entering this competition.
16. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
17. These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) on a written revision to these rules posted on this page.
18. Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza must collect and use personal information about them. FunDza will only use personal information for this purpose and for publicity.
19. The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza because of this.
20. The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Queries regarding the competition can be directed to email@example.com
22. South African laws govern this competition.
23. By participating in this competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these terms and agree to them.
24. FunDza may disqualify an entrant from participating in this competition if the entrant fails to comply with these terms.