Read big… to stand a chance to win BIG!
This month we’re celebrating our BIG readers. Each Wednesday in September TEN of our BIG readers will win airtime vouchers for reading stories, blogs, articles, essays, plays, poems and more on fundza.mobi! And, at the end of the month, TEN of our biggest readers over the course of the month will receive R1500 in CASH!!
REMEMBER! To participate, you must be a logged-in FunDza reader. And, your profile information must be up to date or we won’t be able to get in touch with you!
The prize winners will be selected from the list of the daily top 50 readers on fundza.mobi. (Top readers are those who have read for the longest time and who have read the most pages.) The prize winners will be selected by random draw. No winner will be able to earn spot prizes twice but all those who are listed as a daily top 50 readers during the month will be entered into the monthly draw.
Meet the 10 winners for each of the first THREE weeks here!
Terms and Conditions of the Fantastic FunDza Fanz 2021 Giveaway Competition
1. The promoter of the competition is the FunDza Literacy Trust with the registration number IT814/2011 (“Promoter”). The media partners are The Sowetan, Sunday Times/TimesLive, Vuma FM and Rise FM, all of which are part of Arena Holdings (“Media partners”).
2. The name of the competition is “Fantastic FunDza Fanz 2021”.
3. The competition is open to individuals older than the age of 13 years who live on the African continent.
4. Entrants below the age of 18 years need their parent or guardian’s permission to enter the competition and have a FunDza profile. Your profile will not be active – and you will not be able to enter this competition – unless your guardian has provided their explicit consent. (As part of creating a profile, a minor needs to provide their guardian’s details who will receive an SMS. In this will be a link sending them to our datafree site with the permissions page.)
5. To qualify, readers must log in on the fundza.mobi site to do their reading, and their profile/contact information must be valid and up to date.
6. The competition is open from 1 September 2021 to midnight on 30 September 2021.
7. The amount of reading of logged in fundza.mobi users is tracked by a computer programme and it will determine the top 50 users qualifying on a daily basis for the draw.
8. The prize draw will take the following format:
a. The weekly draws take place each Wednesday in the month (8, 15, 22 and 29 September).
b. To qualify for the weekly draw, readers must be one of the top 50 daily readers in the preceding week (i.e. week 1 = Wednesday 1 Sep to Tuesday 7 September; week 2 = Wednesday 8 September to Tuesday 14 September; week 3 = Wednesday 15 September to Tuesday 21 September; week 4 = Wednesday 22 September to Tuesday 28 September).
c. The final monthly draw takes place on 1 October.
d. To qualify for the monthly draw, readers must be one of the top 50 daily readers during the preceding month (i.e. the period 1 September to 30 September).
9. For each of the weekly draws, TEN winners will be selected by random computer programme and each winner will receive R150 airtime.
10. For the monthly draw, TEN winners will be selected by random computer programme, and each winner will receive a R1500 cash prize and a goodie bag of FunDza treats.
11. Winners of the weekly spot prizes may not win a weekly prize twice. But they will be considered valid entries for the monthly prize.
12. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
13. Winners will be contacted through the information that they provide on their fundza.mobi profile (i.e. their cellphone number and/or email address). If winners do not respond within a 24-hour period, they will forfeit their prize. If a winner is a minor and they do not have parental consent, they will forfeit their prize. In either of these instances, FunDza reserves the right to present the prize to another entrant.
14. Competition winners will be asked to provide FunDza with a recent photograph or other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes. Winners may ask us to remove their name or to use a pseudonym or to refuse to take part in any publicity.
15. Winners will be announced on FunDza’s web sites (fundza.mobi and fundza.co.za), and they may be announced on FunDza’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp) and any other FunDza space. In addition, winners may be announced by Arena Holdings.
16. FunDza’s agents, directors or employees – or members of their families – are disqualified from entering this competition.
17. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
18. These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) on a written revision to these rules posted on this page.
19. Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza must collect and use personal information about them. FunDza will only use personal information in order to run this competition and for publicity purposes.
20. The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza because of this.
21. The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Queries regarding the competition can be directed to email@example.com
23. South African laws govern this competition.
24. By participating in this competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these terms and agree to them.
25. FunDza may disqualify an entrant from participating in this competition if the entrant fails to comply with these terms.
Wanting to enter but you don’t have a FunDza profile? Sign up HERE!