Attention budding artists!
We are looking for pictures for our #lovewriting covers!
Submit your clear, simple and eye-catching image in png format to email@example.com
If we choose your design you will receive R500!
There are a range of genres to choose from – you can enter for as many as you like – but only with ONE entry per genre.
Winning pictures will be used as the cover illustration for stories in that genre.
– Gender-based violence
– Human drama
Save your images in PNG format. If you are sending more than one image, send them in separate files.
The images must be a mininum of 150 x 234 px and not bigger than 500 x 750 px
Use your name and the genre for file titles eg Thando Gebe – human drama.
Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading – Design competition. You can include as many attachments as you like to your email – though you can only submit ONE picture per genre.
In your email include your FULL name, your age and your cellphone number.
The competition closes on 30 September. Fundza reserves the right not to choose an image for every genre if none are deemed suitable.
Note: Remember that these images will be seen on the phone, so they need to be simple and clear. They can be in any colours.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of this competition is The FunDza Literacy Trust (FunDza), with the registration number IT814/2011.
2. Entrants to this competition agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
3. To qualify as an entrant into this competition, you must:
* be a South African citizen or permanent resident in the Republic of South Africa;
** Reside in the Republic of South Africa during the Competition period.
4. Entrants below the age of 18 years must have the consent of a parent/guardian/competent person in order to participate.
5.Entrants may only submit their own original and previously unpublished work.
6. FunDza may disqualify any entry it deems unoriginal.
7. Only one email entry is allowed per person (with as many genres attached as desired). Entries submitted on behalf of someone else will not be considered and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be considered. The first complete entry submitted by any entrant will be deemed to be the valid entry.
8. The competition begins on 4 September and ends on 30 September 2023. All entries must be received by 23:59 (SAST) on 30 September. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
9. No late entries will be accepted.
10. Only entries that comply with the instructions will be considered a valid entry to the competition
11. Winners will be notified after 7 October but before 15 October.
12. Winners will be notified by telephone, SMS or email. If a winner DOES NOT respond within a 24-hour period, they will forfeit their prize.
13. Winners will be announced publicly within 20 days of the closing date . The Promoter, acting reasonably, retains the right to delay the timing of the publication of the winners of the competition.
14. Each of the selected winners will receive R500 for each genre chosen.
15. The prize is not transferable and, if not taken up for any reason, maybe forfeited or be the subject of a separate draw or be allocated at the Promoter’s discretion to another winner.
16. Winners may be announced on the FunDza mobi site, FreeBasics app, Moya Messenger app, FunDzApp (FunDza’s Android app), Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn, or any other ‘FunDza’ space.
17. Entrants agree that if they are selected as a winner, they will supply FunDza with a recent photograph and other personal information about themselves as required for publicity purposes and further consent to such photograph and personal information being published in the public domain. Winners may ask us, in writing, to remove their name or refuse to take part in any publicity.
18. This competition is not open to any director, partner, employee, of the Promoter, or members of their immediate family.
19. The Promoter will not be held liable for any technical failure that may cause your entry not to be submitted or where the Promoter does not receive your response required in terms of point 9 above.
20. The Promoter, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from an entrant’s participation in this promotional competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising (whether arising from negligence or otherwise). The prize winner indemnifies the Promoter for any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) that may be made against the Promoter by any third party (including but not limited to suppliers or any other third parties) in connection with this promotional competition and the accompanying terms and conditions.
21. These terms and conditions can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) by us on a written revision to these terms and conditions posted on this competition page.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination, all entrants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter
23. South African laws govern this competition.
24. Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, the Promoter must collect and use personal information about them.
25. In the event of a dispute on any aspect of this competition or the terms and conditions hereof, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding on all aspects of this competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the terms and conditions by an entrant will result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant.
27. All information relating to this competition and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
28. Queries regarding the competition can be directed to email@example.com
29. By participating in this course competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these terms and agree with them.
30. Any person who has won a FunDza competition in the last six months is disqualified from entering the competition.You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of six months after the date on which you won the last competition.