Enter FunDza’s People of Phendula Park Course Competition – sponsored by Freedom House.
Up for grabs… TEN lucky winners will each receive an R1,000 cash prize and a goodie bag of books, gadgets and treats! Winners will be selected by random draw of the valid entries. Terms and Conditions apply.
To enter you need to:
1. Register for the course “The People of Phendula Park” HERE.
2. Read all three stories and talking points and complete all questions based on these.
3. Fill in the final survey completely.
1. You can start the course competition at any point so long as you finish before the closing date: midnight on 20 November 2020.
2. Only those entrants who read all the chapters and talking points, and complete all the quizzes and the final survey AND who score an average of 60% or more for the full course will be considered valid entries for the competition. Please note: You will be able to review the text to check your answers, however once you click the ‘done’ button at the end of the quiz you cannot change your answers.
3. The ten winners will be randomly selected by a computer program. The ten winners will be announced before 10 December 2020.
4. Terms and conditions apply – read these carefully below.
If you struggle, contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during office hours Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 4.30pm on 021 709 0688.
NB: All people who complete the course will receive a course completion certificate, and everyone who gets more than 70% will get a certificate of excellence.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter of the competition is the FunDza Literacy Trust.
2. The name of the competition is “Course Competition: The People of Phendula Park”.
3. The competition is open to individuals older than the age of 13 years who live within South Africa’s borders.
4. If you are under 18 you need to have your guardian’s permission to enter this competition. FunDza reserves the right to request proof of the consent, but you do not need to send this permission in.
5. To qualify, readers must fully complete the online reading course called “The People of Phendula Park” – this includes all the readings, the quizzes and the final survey. The course must be completed before midnight on 20 November 2020.
6. Only entrants who score an average of 60% or more for the full course by the required deadline will be entered into the random draw. No late entries will be accepted.
7. All valid entries will be entered into a random draw. The ten winners will be selected randomly by a computer program.
8. The competition is open from 5 October 2020 to midnight on 20 November 2020.
9. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
10. Winners will be contacted through the information that they provide in their final survey and/or their profile (i.e. their cellphone number and/or email address). If winners do not respond within a 48-hour period, they will forfeit their prize, and FunDza reserves the right to present this to another entrant.
11. Competition winners will be asked to provide FunDza with a recent photograph or other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes. Winners may ask us, in writing, to remove their name or refuse to take part in any publicity.
12. FunDza’s agents, directors or employees – or members of their families – are disqualified from entering this competition.
13. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
14. These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) on a written revision to these rules posted on this page.
15. Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza must collect and use personal information about them. FunDza will only use personal information for this purpose and for publicity.
16. In entering the competition, entrants are providing personal information via the final survey. These will be analysed for research purposes and all results will be aggregated and de-identified. Individuals who do not wish to have their information used for research purposes should not enter the competition.
17. The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza because of this.
18. The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Queries regarding the competition can be directed to email@example.com.
20. South African laws govern this competition.
21. By participating in this competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these terms and agree to them.
22. FunDza may disqualify an entrant from participating in this competition if the entrant fails to comply with these terms.
Click here to access the People of Phendula Park Course Competition – remember you will need to be logged in as a FunDza Fanz user to enter! Need help with the log in process? Click here or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during office hours on 021 709 0688.