Enter FunDza’s My Life, My Choice Course Competition – sponsored by DREAMS Thina Abantu Abasha Programme. (You can read about them here.)
Up for grabs… TEN lucky winners will each receive an R1000 cash prize and a goodie bag of books, and treats! Winners will be selected by random draw of the valid entries. Terms and Conditions apply.
To enter you need to:
1. Register for the course “My Life, My Choice” by clicking HERE.
2. Go to the first survey and accept the terms and conditions.
3. Read all the articles and blogs and answer all quizzes.
4. Complete the final survey.
1. The competition closes at midnight on 14 November 2021.
2. Only those entrants who read all the chapters and complete the quizzes and survey, survey, and who score an average of 50% for the course will be considered valid entries for the competition.
3. The ten winners will be randomly selected by a computer program from the valid entries.
4. Terms and conditions apply – read these carefully below.
5. All people who complete the course and achieve above 50% will get a course completion certificate, and everyone who gets more than 75% will get a certificate of excellence.
6. Struggling to do the course? Contact us via email on email@example.com or via the FunDza WhatsApp Chatbot at 0600 54 8676 (send the message ‘hi’ and then follow the menu prompts – “8” for “Ask a question”).
Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promoter of this competition is The FunDza Literacy Trust (FunDza) with the registration number IT814/2011.
2. The sponsor of this competition is the DREAMS Thina Abantu Abasha Programme.
3. The name of this competition is “My Life, My Choice” course competition.
4. The competition is limited to individuals above the age of 13 years who live on the African continent.
5. Entrants below the age of 18 years need their parent or guardian’s permission to enter the competition and have a FunDza profile. Your profile will not be active – and you will not be able to enter this competition – unless your guardian has provided their explicit consent. (As part of creating a profile, a minor needs to provide their guardian’s details who will receive an SMS. In this will be a link sending them to our datafree site with the permissions page.)
6. To qualify, participants must fully complete the online course called “My Life, My Choice” – this includes all the readings, the surveys and the quizzes.
7. Only entrants who score an average of 50% or more for the full course by the required deadline will be entered into the random draw. No late entries will be accepted.
8. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
9. All valid entries will be entered into a random draw. Ten (10) winners will be selected randomly by a computer program.
10. The competition is open from 8am on 1 October 2021 until MIDNIGHT on 14 November 2021.
11. Each of the ten winners will receive a cash prize of R1000 (or, if the winner lives in another African country, then he/she will receive the equivalent amount in the local currency). If the winners reside in South Africa they will also receive a FunDza hamper of goodies. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
12. The ten winners will be notified before 22 November 2021.
13. Winners will be contacted through the information that they provide on their fundza.mobi profile (i.e. their cellphone number and/or email address). If winners do not respond within a 48-hour period, they will forfeit their prize. If a winner is a minor and they do not have parental consent, they will forfeit their prize. In either of these instances, FunDza reserves the right to present the prize to another entrant.
14. Winners may be announced on the FunDza mobi site, FreeBasics app, Moya Messenger app, FunDzApp (FunDza’s Android app), Facebook page, Facebook FunDza Writers Forum, Twitter, LinkedIn, FunDza on WhatsApp or any other ‘FunDza’ space.
15. Winners may also be announced in any space managed by the competition sponsor, the DREAMS Thina Abantu Abasha Programme.
16. Competition winners will be asked to provide FunDza with a recent photograph or other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes. Winners may ask us to remove their name or to use a pseudonym or to refuse to take part in any publicity. Winners will be required to provide a copy of the ID for identification purposes.
17. Employees of FunDza – or members of their families – are disqualified from entering the competition.
18. FunDza will not be held liable for any technical failure that may cause your entry not to be submitted.
19. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
20. These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) by us on a written revision to these rules posted on this competition page.
21. Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza will collect and use personal information about them. This personal information includes: full name and surname, date of birth, cellphone number, and province. FunDza will only use this personal information in order to run the competition.
22. The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza.
23. The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
24. South African laws govern this competition.
25. Queries regarding the competition can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the FunDza Chatbot at 0600 54 8676 (send the message ‘hi’ and then follow the menu prompts – “8” for “Ask a question”).
26. FunDza may disqualify an entrant from participating in this competition if the entrant fails to comply with these terms.
27. By participating in this course competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these terms and agree to them.
Click here to enroll for the My Life My Choice Course Competition – remember you will need to be logged in as a FunDza Fanz user to enter!