Enter FunDza’s Making it with the Majolas Course Competition– sponsored by Momentum Metropolitan Foundation.
Up for grabs… TEN lucky winners will each receive an R2,000 cash prize and a goodie bag of books, and treats! Winners will be selected by random draw of the valid entries. Terms and Conditions apply.
Importantly, this Course Competition is ONLY OPEN to people 18 years or older who live within the borders of South Africa.
Why? The course competition is part of a financial education initiative and participants need to give their consent for their data to be used as part of the evaluation study. People below the age of 18 are unable to provide their own legal consent.
To enter you need to:
1. Register for the course Making it with the Majolas by clicking HERE
2. Answer the registration survey.
3. Complete the pre-test.
4. Read all chapters of Making it with the Majolas and answer all the quizzes.
5. Complete the endline test.
1. You can start the course competition at any point so long as you finish before the closing date: midnight on 14 October 2022.
2. Only those entrants who read all the chapters and info sections, and complete the survey, quizzes and tests, and who score an average of 50% for all quizzes will be considered valid entries for the competition.
3. The ten winners will be randomly selected by a computer program.
4. Terms and conditions apply – read these carefully below.
5. All people who complete the course will receive a course completion certificate, and everyone who gets more than 75% will get a certificate of excellence.
6. Struggling to do the course? Click here for a guide on how to do Fundza courses or contact us via email on email@example.com or call our office during office hours Monday to Friday – 021 709 0688.
Terms and conditions:
1. The promoter of the competition is the FunDza Literacy Trust.
2. The sponsor of the course is Momentum Metropolitan Foundation NPC.
3. The name of the competition is “Course Competition: Making it with the Majolas
4. The competition is limited to individuals 18 years or older who live within South Africa’s borders.
5. To qualify, participants must fully complete the online course called Making it with the Majolas – this includes all the readings, the surveys and the quizzes.
6. Only entrants who score an average of 50% or more for the full course by the required deadline will be entered into the random draw. No late entries will be accepted.
7. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
8. All valid entries will be entered into a random draw. The winners will be selected randomly by a computer program.
9. The competition is open from 18 July until midnight on Friday 14 October 2022.
10. The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable
11. The ten winners will each receive: R2000 in cash and a goodie bag of treats and book prizes from FunDza.
12. The ten winners will be notified before 26 October 2022.
13. Winners will be notified by telephone or SMS using the cellphone number provided in the survey. If a winner DOES NOT respond within a 48-hour period, they will forfeit their prize, and FunDza reserves the right to present this to another entrant.
14. Winners may be announced on the FunDza mobi site, FreeBasics app, Moya Messenger app, FunDzApp (FunDza’s Android app), Facebook page, Facebook FunDza Writers Forum, Twitter, LinkedIn, FunDza on WhatsApp or any other ‘FunDza’ space. Winners may also be announced in any space managed by the competition sponsor, Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Ltd.
15. Competition entrants agree that if they are selected as a winner, they will supply FunDza with a recent photograph in High Resolution and other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes.
16. The agents, directors or employees, or members of their families of the Fundza Literacy Trust, and the Momentum Metropolitan Foundation NPC are disqualified from entering the competition.
17. FunDza will not be held liable for any technical failure that may cause your entry not to be submitted.
18. By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
19. These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) by us on a written revision to these rules posted on this competition page.
20. Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza must collect and use personal information about them.
21. In entering this competition participants understand and give permission for the collection of their personal data that will be shared with Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Ltd and their Monitoring & Evaluation partner for research purposes. All personal data collected during the course of the competition will be kept safe and secure by Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Ltd, their Monitoring & Evaluation partner and FunDza Literacy Trust. Conditions of safe keeping of personal data is in line with the POPI Act of 2013.
22. The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza or Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Ltd, because of this.
23. The judges’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
24. South African laws govern this competition.
25. Queries regarding the competition can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. FunDza may disqualify an entrant from participating in this competition if the entrant fails to comply with these terms.
27. By participating in this course competition, the entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these terms and agree to them.
Click here to access Making it with the Majolas Competition – remember you will need to be logged in as a FunDza Fanz user to enter!
Need help with the log in process? Click here or email us on email@example.com or call us during office hours on 021 709 0688.