To celebrate our ‘Joy of Writing’ month, FunDza is hosting the All About Writing Course competition. Up for grabs: Five winners will each receive R500 in cash and a goodie-bag of treats from FunDza!
Register for the All About Writing online course, complete the readings and quizzes, and then answer the final survey. Once you have completed the survey your entry will have been submitted.
Only those entrants who complete the readings, the quizzes and the survey AND who score an average of 70% or more for the full course will be considered valid entries for the competition. The five winners will be randomly selected by a computer programme.
Participants have until 21 September to complete the course in full in order to be entered into the competition.
Click here to register for the All about Writing course competition.
The five winners will be announced on the last five days of the month, from 26 to 30 September.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is only open to individuals above the age of 13 who live on the African continent.
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
- For an entry to be valid, individuals must fully complete the online reading course called ‘All About Writing’ – this includes all the readings and the quizzes – as well as the final survey. Only entrants who score an average of 70% or more for the full course will be entered into the random draw.
- Only those who complete the course before midnight on 21 September will be considered for the random draw.
- FunDza will enter all valid entries into a random draw. The five winners will be selected by a computer programme.
- Each of the five winners will receive R500 in cash (or, if the winner lives in another African country, then he/she will receive the equivalent amount in their local currency) as well as a FunDza goodie-bag, consisting of a FunDza t-shirt and a book from FunDza. These will be couriered to the winners.
- The five winners will be notified after 22 September 2018.
- Winners will be notified by telephone, SMS or email. If a winner does not respond within a 24-hour period, they will forfeit their prize, and FunDza will select a new winner.
- Winners may be announced on the FunDza mobi site, FreeBasics app, Android app, Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other ‘FunDza’ space.
- Competition entrants agree that if they are selected as a winner, they will supply FunDza with a recent photograph and other information about themselves as required for publicity purposes. Winners, who do not do so, will forfeit their prize.
- Employees of FunDza – or members of their families – are disqualified from entering the competition.
- FunDza will not be held liable for any technical failure that may cause your entry not to be submitted.
- By taking part in this competition, entrants agree to not hold FunDza liable for any losses, harm, damages, injury, claims or actions related to the competition.
- These rules can only be reasonably changed (or superseded) by us on a written revision to these rules posted on this competition page.
- South African laws govern this competition.
- Entrants understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, FunDza must collect and use personal information about them.
- The competition may be terminated immediately and without notice. If this happens, entrants will not have any claim against FunDza, because of this.
- The judges decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Queries regarding the competition can be directed to email@example.com.
- By participating in this competition, the entrant agrees to these terms and conditions.